02 January 2007

52 Weeks

Resolutions for the next year? In the past I have always made resolutions because I see the New Year as a new start. Everything is always brighter and more in focus for me on New Years Day - yes even with the obligatory hangover!

This year I have been a little less clear of my resolutions. All my usual ones - eat more - exercise less - hold no appeal to me. I want the time ahead to spotlight creativity. I do know I want to record more music in the year ahead. Not so much with other people though I have a few of these types of projects coming up. No, I want to record my own music and be prolific about it. Last night I recorded a piece to reflect the end of the year. It was my personal reflection, totally me, and summing up how I felt at the end of the year. This is what I want to do more of. So with that in mind I came up with the concept of recording a tune every day of the year for the next year. Brilliant concept - but after considering the challenges I changed it to a tune every week for the next year. 52 tunes. Cool!! That would satisfy my particular desires for a while.

Then I as I was thinking about this I thought "wouldn't it be cool if we could get a bunch of contributors each contributing something on a weekly basis to document the year." Be it artwork, poetry, writing, music, recipes, photography etc., whatever the individuals bag is. So with that in mind...contributors are welcome!!

Perhaps we can start the 52 Weeks Project or something like that and have a place to post and document our work. Anyway, now my goals are clear - the work begins.......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home