15 January 2007

No Excuses

Yesterday morning I braved the 29 degree temperature to watch the P.F. Chang Rock-n-Roll Marathon pass by. Despite the lack of crazy costumes compared to the New York Marathon, I have to say these folks were pretty inspirational. Only one male ballerina ran by, but there were a ton of runners out there struggling for charity. I thought I have no excuses as I watched the lone last person in the field go by, although I had to fight every lazy gene in my body (and there more than a few) to get to the gym at 7:00 this morning. Halfway to my goal this month...

photo above: first pack of elite runners pass by
short video of marathon here
youtube kills the quality of uploaded videos; i'm working on mastering that

2 Comments:

Blogger C.J. Schexnayder said...

52 weeks ago i made a resolution and on sunday i achieved it. it wasn't pretty. it didn't happen the way i planned it. but i did it. and it never would have happened if i didn't get out of the house and start running.

thanks for coming out to support us. thanks for posting the vid. and good luck with the next 50 weeks.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Sharon said...

thanks, kelph! i didn't know anyone in the race (my lone marathoner friend is back east), so i really enjoyed reading the back-story (yours) on at least one person out there. everyone should check out kelph's blog(s)...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home